Saturday, October 2, 2010

Todd's Famous Blueberry Pancakes

I've been wanting to find a good blueberry pancake recipe for quite a while.  I know this isn't a picture that I took myself, but we had Grandma & Grandpa Andersen over for a couple of days & I didn't think to take a picture when I made these for breakfast this morning.  One last thing & then on to the recipe.  I thought if I wanted blueberry pancakes, all I had to do was simply add blueberries into the other recipe I have for just regular pancakes.  Sounds easy enough, right?  Wrong!  I tried this only one time earlier this year & the blueberries didn't even spread evenly throughout the batter, so when I went to pour the batter onto the griddle some of the pancakes had blueberries in them, some didn't, & they didn't even taste good!  So yeah, I decided to Google a blueberry pancake recipe instead, & I found this really tasty one from AllRecipes:

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tblsp. baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons sugar (I added a little more)
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 Tblsp. butter, melted
1/2 cup frozen blueberries, plus a little more for garnish, if desired

In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.  In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk.  Stir milk and egg into flour mixture.  Mix in the butter and fold in the blueberries.  Set aside for 1 hour.  This is the only bad thing about this recipe; you really have to plan ahead & get up a little earlier, but trust me, it's worth it!  ;)  Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.  Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.  I just grabbed a 1/4 measuring cup out of my cupboard & used it to scoop the batter onto the griddle & it worked great.  Brown on both sides & serve hot.  When we had ours this morning we put both regular maple syrup and boysenberry syrup & they were both good.  We would've used good 'ol blueberry syrup but we were fresh out.  :)  ENJOY!

No comments: