4 pork chops
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups milk
4 potatoes, peeled & cut into small chunks
2 Tblsp. flour
Brown chops, seasoned with salt & pepper. Add water and milk. Add potatoes, salt again to taste & simmer. Watch carefully so mixture doesn't boil over. *Trust me, if you don't watch, it will boil over & make a horrible mess you'll have to clean up. Boil until potatoes are soft; about 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mixture immediately so it doesn't get lumpy.
As a little girl, I had dinner with my grandparents all the time. This was the dinner that I remember my Grandma making the most often. I always got excited when she served this, because it's such a yummy & hearty meal. I make this all the time in our house now too, since I almost always have all of the ingredients on hand, and it's a nice, quick dinner. Our kids LOVE this too & there are never any complaints when this is placed in front of them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment