Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mary's Pork Chops

6 thinly sliced pork chops
1 egg
1 & 1/2 cups milk
2 cups bread crumbs
14 1/2 oz. can beef broth

Beat egg and milk together; set aside. Dip pork chops in egg mixture; coat evenly with bread crumbs. Brown on both sides in a 12-inch skillet, adding a bit of oil, if necessary. Pour broth over the pork chops; simmer for about one hour until fork tender. When ready to serve, the resulted gravy is GREAT when poured over both the pork chops and a serving of mashed potatoes.

I have NO idea who Mary is, but I came upon this recipe in one of my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. It was a great meal for me to just throw together and then let cook for an hour. Tyler asks me over and over when I plan on having this for dinner again!

No comments: