1 box oven-ready lasagna noodles (about 12)
1 jar alfredo sauce*
1 16 oz. cottage cheese
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (or as much as you prefer)
2-3 chicken breast tenders, cooked & cut up *
16 oz. pkg. fresh spinach *
In a large bowl, mix alfredo sauce, spinach* and chicken. Place 1/2 of mixture in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Place 3 lasagna noodles on top of chicken mixture. Add a generous layer of cottage cheese and mozzarella on top, then noodles; repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 45 minutes to one hour.
* Whenever I make this recipe, I always use 1 large can of drained chicken. This makes the prep time go by much faster, and I always have them handy. I buy mine at Costco, but they're available at Sam's Club, also. I only use "Bertolli" brand alfredo sauce. I LOVE alfredo sauce, and this is by far the best store-bought brand that I've ever tried. As for the spinach, it's really just a matter of taste. I only use half of one 16-oz. package. If you choose to use the whole thing, I would double the amount of sauce and chicken that is added. I'm not very fond of regular lasagna, but because I love alfredo sauce so much, I just came up with this recipe on my own one day. It's very good, even if I do say so myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment