Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Poached Eggs Supreme

4 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
toasted English muffins *
1/2 tsp. minced onions *

Heat milk and soup in a large skillet over medium-high heat until simmering. Gently slip eggs into soup mixture; reduce heat to medium or medium-low, depending on how warm your stove gets. Cover & cook until eggs are of desired consistency & doneness. Serve over toasted English muffins.

This recipe is VERY quick & easy, and it makes a great breakfast dish or main course dish. We have it for dinner in my house all the time, and Tyler LOVES it! You all know from reading my blog that I can't stand onions, so I never add them into the soup mixture when I make this. I've never tried this before, but another option is to sprinkle a small dash of paprika over each egg when they're ready to serve, to make them taste a little more like Eggs Benedict.

No comments: