Monday, April 14, 2008

Santa Fe Stir Fry

1 large can fully-cooked chicken, drained
2 cups mixed frozen vegetables, cooked & drained *
1 envelope Lipton Onion soup mix *
1/4 cup oil
1 Tblsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

In a large skillet, blend dry soup mix, oil, water, lime juice and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Stir in chicken and vegetables. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. Serve over hot rice.

*With the vegetables, I almost always just use regular mixed blends, because I always have them on hand, and I hardly ever buy stir-fry vegetable blends. The very first time I made this, I used the entire envelope of the soup mix, and for me, the onion taste was way too strong. So, the next time I made this I only used half of the envelope, and I was able to save the remaining mix for another time. However, it's all a matter of taste. That's what I love about cooking; if you come across a recipe that you'd like to change, it's always possible.

No comments: