Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cobb Salad

shredded lettuce *
3 to 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
cooked, cubed chicken breast *
3 to 4 tomatoes, sliced & chopped
approx. 2-3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled *
shredded cheddar cheese, if desired

All of the measurements are approximate. I love tomatoes so much that I always add more of them than others might with their salads. I also use canned chicken (from Costco or Sam's Club) and pre-cooked, pre-packaged Oscar Meyer pieces of bacon to speed up the preparation process. And, Tyler loves quite a few things that have cheese on them, so it really is a matter of preference with this salad. With summer coming so fast now, I always try to think of meals that I can make that don't require using the stove or the oven too much. Tyler really likes this recipe. I'm sure that you can use any dressing that you would like with this salad. Personally, ranch is my only favorite, so I've never had this salad with any other kind.

No comments: