Thursday, June 26, 2008

German Pancakes

3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. vanilla (opt.)

Melt 1/3 cube of butter inside a pie plate in the oven. Blend all ingredients well in a blender. Pour into pie plate. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. *

I got this recipe from my mother in-law. She made this for us one when we were all together at their cabin in Star Valley. My whole family loves to have these for breakfast. I especially love how it's a lot faster than making regular pancakes. The baking time varies; it just depends on how hot your oven can get. The one I'm using right now here at my Mom's house get's really hot, so I always have to decrease the baking time. When ready to serve, you can either put regular syrup on top, or you can put just a small splash of lemon juice and sprinkle a pinch of powdered sugar over the top instead. Either way, these are great. We LOVE 'em!

No comments: