2 cups cooked, diced chicken
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
3 cups cooked rice (1 cup regular=3 cups cooked)
1 cup mayonnaise
salt to taste
1 Tblsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 cans cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced almonds
crushed potato chips *
Mix together mayonnaise, soup, salt & lemon juice. Add to and mix with chicken and rice. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. After about 25 minutes, remove from oven & top with cheese, almonds and potato chips.* Return to oven & bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
*I used Baked Lay's potato chips when I made this recipe because regular potato chips are too greasy for my taste. I also found that by adding the chips on top & baking them with the casserole, the chips became more soggy when I went to serve the leftovers. So, the next time I make this I'll serve the chips to the side.
I want to thank my Mom profusely for sharing this recipe with me! One of the sister missionaries, Sister Rust, who serves with her in the Madrid temple invited my Mom over to dinner a while back & this was what she served. Mom then emailed me this recipe & said that I just HAD to try it because it was so yummy. When I first looked at the ingredients I was a bit skeptical about it, but I made it last week and we all LOVED it! I was pleasantly surprised. This recipe makes GREAT leftovers too! I know there are some people out there who don't like hard-boiled eggs, or eggs in general, but if you love eggs the way me & my family do, this recipe is a MUST TRY! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment