1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup pineapple (well-drained)
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. soda
1 tsp. vanilla
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Drain pineapple, reserving juice for frosting. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Add pineapple and vanilla; blend well. Drop onto cookie sheet by teaspoon. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
Frosting:
6 Tblsp. butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tblsp. hot pineapple juice
Put butter in a small pan and heat to light brown. Heat juice (the microwave works best for me). Put butter in a bowl and add powdered sugar, then mix with vanilla and hot juice.
These are by far Tyler's most favorite Christmas cookies. They are the only Christmas goody that he asks me to make every year. I received this recipe from my mom. She used to make these every year too, but then as she discovered new holiday recipes she stopped making them. The first time I made these for Tyler, he savored each and every bite. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment