2 cups orange juice
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 pkg. frozen strawberries OR 1 quart fresh strawberries
1/2 banana
Combine all ingredients in a blender or smoothie maker. If using frozen strawberries, add all of the other ingredients first, then put the strawberries in last. Makes approx. 4-6 servings, depending on how much each person wants to drink.
I bought some strawberries last week at the grocery store, hoping to make some strawberry waffles for breakfast over the 4th of July weekend. But then after I'd gotten home I realized that I didn't have enough strawberry syrup, so I pushed the strawberries to the back of the fridge & almost forgot about them. Then as I was making dinner tonight, I thought about this smoothie recipe so that the strawberries wouldn't be wasted. I made this in my home ec. class when I was a senior in high school, and it's really refreshing.
No comments:
Post a Comment