Monday, April 12, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken

4 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 sleeve Ritz or Town House crackers, crushed
1/4 cup butter
3 Tblsp. poppy seeds

Cook chicken & cut into bite-sized pieces. Place in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Mix together soup and sour cream and pour over chicken. Melt butter, add crushed crackers and poppy seeds. Stir to combine, then sprinkle over soup and sour cream mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until bubbly. Serve over rice.

Here's another recipe that I found on The Recipe Society food blog. This was soooooooo yummy!!! Tyler cleaned his plate in nothing flat when I served this earlier this weekend. The kids were a little skeptical because of the poppy seeds, but they still ate it without complaining. I only buy chicken tenders because they're more kid-friendly, so for this recipe I cooked 8 of them. I also prefer Town House crackers over Ritz. I've tried a few other poppy seed chicken recipes over the years that Tyler & I have been married, & this one is definitely my favorite.

No comments: