2 20 oz. cans crushed pineapple, in juice, not drained
2 3.4 oz. pkgs. pistachio instant pudding
2 cups mini multi-colored marshmallows
1 16 oz. container Cool Whip
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I didn't add these)
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate at least one hour before serving. Easy-peasy! :)
I had this salad at Tyler's Grandma Andersen's funeral luncheon. Funerals aren't usually the most opportune times to find a great-tasting recipe that you love, but this salad tasted SO GOOD to me that day that I just had to have the recipe for it. I emailed Tyler's aunt about it to see if she could get it for me somehow, but I really wanted to make this for Memorial Day. I knew that it had to have pistachio pudding in it because I could taste the little bits of pistachio as I was eating it. So when I went grocery shopping I put two boxes in, along w/ the multi-colored marshmallows, the pineapple & the Cool Whip. When I got everything out to make the salad the night before, I found the actual recipe, staring me right in the face on the side of the pudding box!!! Clearly it was meant to be. :) The original name for this salad is "Watergate Salad", but I decided to change it because that way I'll always be able to find this when I'm looking for it. This salad will be GREAT when it gets really hot outside because it's so refreshing! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment