1 1/2 cubes butter
2-3 bunches broccoli, chopped (I used a full 16 oz. bag of frozen broccoli & just defrosted in the microwave).
1/2 cup flour
3 14-oz. cans chicken broth
2 cups heavy cream
8 oz. Velveeta
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
Melt butter in saucepan and add chopped broccoli. Heat on high for 3-5 minutes, then stir in flour. Gradually add chicken broth while stirring. Cover & simmer 10 minutes. Stir in heavy cream. Heat & add Velveeta. Add salt & pepper & serve.
I apologize for the picture. I know it's bad & my camera isn't the greatest! Whenever it starts to get a little nippy outside I start making homemade soups at least once a week, sometimes more because they taste SO GOOD in the cold weather! I've been looking for a really good broccoli/cheese soup recipe & I finally decided to try this one, which was found on a blog called Eighteen 25.
Everyone in my family LOVED this soup & the next time I make it I'll definitely put it into bread bowls instead when it's time to serve it. Yum yum YUMMY! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment