1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 Tblsp. vegetable oil (I used canola)
2 Tblsp. vinegar
2 cups flour
3 Tblsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground allspice (I didn't add this)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
chocolate chips (opt.)
whipped cream (opt.)
Mix together milk, pumpkin, oil & vinegar. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine. Add chocolate chips last, if desired. Pour or scoop onto hot griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Top with cream or syrup.
My friend Michelle posted this on her Facebook page. I'm SO glad she did, because these things are so, SO YUMMY!!! The best thing about them is that they aren't just a breakfast food. We've had these for dinner a couple of times since I got the recipe & it's almost like having dessert for dinner. ;) I never add allspice or anything else that gives sweet food any kind of a spice flavor (except the cinnamon, of course), but believe me, these taste just fine without it. These things are just the thing I need to help satisfy the pumpkin cravings I end up getting every year around this time. :) Enjoy! :D
4 comments:
can't wait to try these for din din at our house! Yummy. I bet they would be good with the honey butter recipe I love on OBB site. Try it, so good with that french bread, or corn muffins, rolls, french toast.......mmmmmm honey butter!
These were a big hit at our house. Mark, kids and I all loved them. Not too sweet to be eaten with syrup which I really liked. Triumph!
I'm SO glad you all loved these as much as we did! I sometimes hesitate in posting certain recipes because I know we all have different tastes & opinions. Still, every recipe posted here has been tried & LOVED at our house. Tyler & our kids have no problems being the guinea pigs (Tyler especially). :)
I'm going to try these tomorrow for breakfast. Can't wait!
Post a Comment