Friday, January 27, 2012

Quick & Easy White Chicken Chili

1 jar salsa (my favorite brand is La Victoria)
1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 can great northern white beans *
2-3 cups cooked chicken OR 1 large can chicken, well-drained
1 tsp. cumin or cumin to taste (I used 1 1/2 tsp.)
garlic powder to taste (I used 1 tsp.)
pepper to taste (I used 1/4 tsp.)

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot & heat on low until warmed through.  Alternately, heat on the stovetop on medium until hot, stirring occasionally.  If too thick, thin with chicken broth or water.  Serve with tortilla chips.  * The original recipe didn't say to drain the beans, but I drained and rinsed mine the first time I made this & the chili was a lot thinner, so next time I'll probably try it without draining.

First off, again I apologize for the horrible picture.  I'm desperate for a new camera, but unfortunately that'll have to wait a while.  I found this on What Megan's Making.  Thanks to Google Reader & some helpful hints from Annie's Eats, I know have access to even more recipe blogs w/ yummy new recipes to try (this can be both a good and a bad thing).  My kids turned up their noses at this when I first put it in front of them, but they eventually ate it & didn't complain.  The tortilla chips were an especially nice touch, because they both LOVED dipping their chips into the chili.  YUM!

No comments: