1 lb. ground beef
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 (4.5 oz.) can diced green chilies, drained (my kids hate these things so I left them out)
1 (16 oz.) can refried beans
half a can condensed tomato soup
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
burrito-sized tortillas, warmed
shredded cheddar cheese
Garnishes:
shredded lettuce
diced tomatoes
shredded cheddar cheese
chopped green onions
sliced black olives
cilantro
avocado
sour cream
Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain. Stir in chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir in green chilies and turn off heat, but keep warm. Warm the refried beans over low heat & keep these warm also. In a saucepan, combine enchilada sauce & tomato soup. Mix well and cook over medium heat until heated through. Place a warmed tortilla on a plate and spread some of the refried beans in the center. Sprinkle with cheese, then spoon some of the ground beef mixture into the center. Tuck in the ends of the tortilla and carefully fold into a burrito. Spoon some of the enchilada sauce over the burrito and top with additional cheese and desired garnishes. Repeat w/ remaining tortillas. Serves 4-6.
Thanks to Google Reader, I can now follow even more cooking blogs than I ever have before; I'm like a kid in a candy store w/ these things. :) I found this recipe on a blog called Sing For Your Supper. I'd never heard of it before, but I'm seriously hooked. I want to try almost all of the recipes posted here. This is the first one & it was a HUGE hit with my family. Tyler orders smothered burritos almost every time we eat at a Mexican restaurant, so I was pretty happy to find a yummy homemade version of his favorite Mexican dish!
No comments:
Post a Comment