Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Teddy Graham Peppermint Freeze

1 box chocolate Teddy Grahams, crushed and smashed into powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 cube melted butter
1/2 cup crushed peppermint sticks OR round peppermint candies (about 12-15 rounds; don't add more or it will be too strong)
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
1 8 oz. container Cool Whip

Mix together crushed Teddy Grahams, sugar and butter.  Smash half of the mixture into the bottom of a freezer-safe 9x13 pan.  Set other half aside.  Let ice cream and Cool Whip sit out and thaw until softened.  Whip them together with crushed peppermint.  Spread over crust layer.  Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over the top of the ice cream as evenly as possible.  Freeze at least 45 minutes before serving.  Serve with hot fudge drizzled over the top.

This recipe was given to me by my Wendy Nelson, who was my Beehive advisor in Young Women.  I turned 12 in 1994.  I've had this recipe for all of these years & I've never thought about making it until now.  I've REALLY been missing out!  This was yummy & has the perfect blend of flavors.  It's the perfect type of dessert for all of those hot summer days ahead.  My husband loved this especially, since he's such a huge ice cream fan.  If you love peppermint ice cream you MUST make this!!!

No comments: