3 sticks butter
3 cups sugar
1 tsp. each lemon and vanilla extract
5 eggs
3 cups flour
3/4 cup 7-Up
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter and sugar with hand mixer; add extracts. Add eggs, one at a time; mix well. Alternate adding flour and 7-Up; mix well. Pour into floured and greased bundt pan. Bake 1 hour and 30 minutes. Cake should be golden brown when done.
I found this recipe in the cookbook that my mom gave to me when I was first married, called "5 Ingredients Or Less". It quickly became one of my most favorite cookbooks. I made this the first time years ago when Tyler & I were living in our first apartment. We received a bundt pan for our wedding and I wanted to try it out. I served it as a strawberry shortcake and Tyler loves it. He raved and raved about it the first time I served it. I always make this cake every time we have strawberry shortcake, because to me, it's SO much better than sponge cake! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment