2 cans cream of potato soup
2 15-oz. cans sliced potatoes, drained
1 pint whipping cream
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Pour soups, potatoes, whipping cream and milk into an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish; mix well. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour. Ladle into serving bowls, sprinkle with cheese. Makes 6 servings.
I found this recipe in my "5 Ingredients or Less" cookbook from Gooseberry Patch. I don't usually make soup for my family for dinner, but once the temperature drops outside & it's colder I LOVE eating a bowl of nice, warm soup. This was very quick & easy to mix & put into the oven & not worry about it until it was time to eat. Tyler & the kids all loved it too. I felt like it was missing a few things though, so the next time I make this I'll most likely add chicken, corn or broccoli. The recipe also says that bacon bits & green onions are also optional ingredients. This is the thing I love most about cooking - you can always make your food however you like it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment