1 lb. lean ground beef
3/4 cup rolled oats
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup finely-chopped onion (I despise chopping onions so I just used minced)
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
about 1/4 tsp. pepper or pepper to taste
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl & mix well (mixing with your hands is easiest, even though it will get pretty messy). It says to form into 12 balls that are about 2 inches in diameter, but since I can't measure to save my life and since I wanted the balls to be small enough for my kids, I just made smaller balls & ended up with 15 instead of 12. Place in a casserole dish * and cover with sauce:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Now, Tyler & I are big on all sorts of sauces, so if you want a lot of sauce it's smart to double the ingredients. Combine in a large saucepan and heat thoroughly. Pour over meatballs and bake for 1 hour. Serve over hot, cooked rice.
This is another recipe from The Recipe Society. I made this for dinner just last night. I didn't think it was going to be anything to scream and shout about, but after taking just one bite I realized I couldn't have been more wrong! These were really, really yummy & everyone in my family loved these. It made the whole house smell like barbecue sauce, but it was worth it. * Here's a quick tip for ya - last night Tyler got home late, so I just mixed up the meatballs, formed them & stuck them in the fridge, & then made the sauce right before they were ready to go into the oven. It made preparing dinner even easier & by the time he got home dinner was ready to put on the table. Ah; I love it when that happens!
And here's just some useless information. :) I have a lemon-themed kitchen, so when I saw this menu & recipe organizer at Seagull Book I just had to have it. Be sure to let me know if any of you see anything lemony anywhere. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment