Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Bars

1 cup peanut butter (you can use either chunky or smooth but I always use smooth)
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
vanilla, as desired
2 cups oatmeal
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
chocolate chips

Cream butters & sugars.  Add vanilla & eggs.  Add dry ingredients.  Spread onto jelly roll pan (no need to grease) or large cookie sheet.  Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.  DO NOT OVERBAKE.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips & spread while hot.  Let cool; cut into bars & serve.

This is another recipe that my mom makes all the time.  Whenever we have a family get-together & she's asked to bring a dessert she makes these almost every time because they're so yummy & because they make enough for a big group.  She calls them peanut butter fingers, but I don't like using the word "fingers" in any recipe because it just doesn't sound all that appetizing.  :)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I have never made these myself, but I absolutely love them! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to make them.