1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 tube reduced fat sausage (trust me, you don't want the regular kind or your meatloaf will be too greasy!)
1 Tblsp. minced onion
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
little less than 1 Tblsp. ground sage
1 slice bread
1 egg
onion salt or regular salt to taste
pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together well with hands. It gets pretty messy. I always wear gloves whenever I mix this because the meat makes my hands way too cold without them. Place in a greased loaf pan (I don't have metal pans so I only use glass) and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done. Serve with baked potatoes & your favorite veggies. This is the best meatloaf I've ever had in my life, and believe me, I've tried them all! And no, you didn't mis-read this & I didn't forget anything - this meatloaf doesn't have 1 drop of tomato sauce in it. This is the meatloaf my mom & Grandma have been making for as long as they've been cooking. If you're a meatloaf fan, you'll regret it if you don't try this. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment