Monday, March 21, 2011

Oven-Fried Chicken

3-4 chicken breasts OR 6-8 chicken tenders
1/4 cup flour
dash of salt
dash of pepper
1/8 tsp. paprika (I like to add at least 1/4 tsp., sometimes 1/2)
2 Tblsp. butter

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Cover a cookie sheet with foil.  Place flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a bag.  Add chicken and shake well.  Place chicken on cookie sheet and top each piece with a pat of butter.  Bake one hour.

A couple of years ago, my friend Rebecca Wolfenbarger gave me a CD with a collection of recipes.  I found this one on that same disc from one of Rebecca's friends named Jane McKenna.  I was so surprised by how yummy this chicken was.  It's also has a lot less calories than KFC's fried chicken does.  ;) It's a great dinner to just put into the oven & then relax for the rest of the evening until it's time to put dinner on the table.  Just add your own coleslaw, biscuits, mashed potatoes & gravy & you're set.  :D

No comments: